Apple Tablet Predictions
The January 27th Apple event will most likely see the introduction of Apple tablet according to many sources. I'm throwing my hat into the ring with these predictions :)
- It will run some form of iPhone OS
- iPhone apps will run like widgets occupying only part of the screen. Unlike iPhone, there will be multitasking
- It will not be using e-ink. Instead the screen will be a conventional LCD with full color support.
- The battery will be non-removable. Apple will make bold claims about battery life :)
- A major focus will be on consuming content like books and newspapers. Expect an app store where you will be able to buy books or subscribe to newspapers.
- Tablet will of course have and will come with 3G support most likely on Verizon. Free usage is unlikely and if offered will be limited to books and newspapers.
- The UI will be similar to Palm webOS cards.
- It will be called iCanvas or iPad.
- Will be using a customized CPU based on an ARM core developed by PA Semi, the company Apple acquired.
- Will be priced at 999$
- There will be no hardware keyboard but you should be able to use an external keyboard and mouse.
- Might come with an optional iMac like stand which doubles up as a charging dock. This stand will also have support for peripherals like external keyboard.